what a joy it was to spend some quality time discovering, sharing, and discussing what it means to have a Gospel-centered kids ministry. i am attaching some notes and other items that those that attended (or even didn’t attend) might find helpful.
- not something we add to what we are already doing
- it is the reason we do anything
- the Gospel is the why
- what is your mission statement?
- start with the end in mind. (what kind of child would you like to see leave your ministry?)
- the filter gives you the freedom to say yes/no to activities and programs.
rules of change
- don’t change something just for the sake of change.
- don’t keep something just because it has always been done.
- where do you need Gospel-centered change in your ministry?
- preach the Gospel to yourself daily
- inform staff of the Gospel-centered why of all that you are doing.
- make sure your investors/volunteers are constantly reminded the Gospel is the goal.
- are you consistently sharing with parents how everything you are doing in centered around the Gospel?
- social media / emails – make sure to include the Gospel connection in all your posts and emails.
- make it a priority to always share the way of your event/program.