Each year I struggle with how to show my Sunday and Wednesday investors (volunteers) how much they are appreciated by the kids, the parents, and me. So for the past two years, I have started having a “thank you” wall. Here is how it works:
- In a very visible hallway/lobby, I place envelopes on the wall with every investor, greeter, intern, name and class, etc.
- On a table nearby, I place out cards and pens. For the whole month of November, I encourage children and parents to write a note of thanks.
- Some children draw a picture or write notes at home and bring them to church and place them in the envelopes on Wednesday or Sunday.
- I also include a thank you poem and a handwritten thank-you card from me in each envelope.
- The teachers are asked not to look in their envelopes while they are hanging on the wall. 🙂
- We take them down the Sunday before thanksgiving and mail the envelopes to the teachers. Our goal is, while they are relaxing and being thankful, they will be blessed to read notes from the many who are grateful for the ways they share Jesus with the children.
(Visited 405 times, 1 visits today)