with so many conferences going virtual, why not join me for my online class? this course contains six weeks of my best kidmin material and is full of intentional conversations centering around best practices for children’s ministry leaders. not only do we sharpen one another as we grow in knowledge together, we also leave with a new network of ministry friends to encourage each other during these difficult times.
read below for a full description of my course and click here to be taken to the registration site.
This will be an examination of the role of the educator in supporting the faith development of children and families in the congregation. We’ll cover pedagogies, models of ministry, and administrational tasks. Not only will we discover how to intentionally plan and lead long term, but we will examine best solutions to the in-the-trenches children’s ministry elements.
This course will equip you with techniques for the following:
- Creating and Maintaining a Gospel-Centered Ministry
- Different Models of Ministry (what’s best for your ministerial context?)
- Partnering with Parents
- Strategic Planning, Budgeting, Outreach, Service and Follow-Up
- Building, Leading & Maintaining Volunteer Teams
- Consistent & Creative Communication
- Serving Families with Special Needs
- The Preteen Bubble
- Family Worship
- Using Your Facility to set your teaching/worship up for success
Students are required to have the following books for this class:
- Gospel Centered Kids Ministry, by Brian Dembowczyk
- Sustainable Children’s Ministry, by Mark DeVries and Annette Safstrom
- What About Kids Ministry, edited by Bill Emeott
NOTE: IFD Certification learners may complete either IFDC140 or IFDC150 as part of their Children’s Ministry certification.
This course is eligible for 3.0 CEU.