recently many of our dawson kids participated in the “experiencing God kids” Bible study. i loved watching them process and begin to grasp the seven realities shared in this study.
- reality 1 – God is always at work around me.
- reality 2 – God wants a personal relationship with me.
- reality 3 – God wants me to be a part of His work.
- reality 4 – God speaks and shows me what He wants me to do.
- reality 5 – i must have faith and take action to follow God and join in His work.
- reality 6 – i must be willing to make changes in my life to follow God’s plan.
- reality 7 – i know and experience God when i obey Him.
i also realize the short time we have exploring these truths within the church walls simply isn’t enough. we must help children and families understand that each reality is to be a part of our everyday life. so, i went to one of the most humble, godly men i know, claude king, who just also happens to be the co-author of experiencing God. because i see Him not only talk about these truths but genuinely live them out daily, i ask him to share some thoughts for children and families about the importance of experiencing God each day. below is the video he shared: